The founding fathers created the jury system
to protect your rights.
Will Ferguson & Associates helps juries
see your case clearly
Will Ferguson & Associates has a responsibility to ensure the legal system remains fair, effective, and efficient. We must also, under the New Mexico Rules of Professional Conduct, represent the interests of our personal-injury clients vigorously and competently within the law.
Trust, courtesy, and respect are expected of the lawyer and the client. The client looks to us for expertise, education, advocacy, sound judgment, representation, counseling and protection of their rights. This New Mexico personal injury law office should provide these services competently, ethically, and loyally as a professional.
Will Ferguson & Associates believes in a Clients’ Bill of Rights reflecting these principles:
- This law firm and our employees should treat you with courtesy and consideration.
- You should extend the same courtesy and consideration to your lawyer and the firm’s employees.
- Your lawyer should handle your legal matter ethically and competently. You lawyers should not violate the law or the Lawyer’s Rules of Professional Conduct in representing you.
- Your lawyer should give you independent, professional judgment and loyalty, and should identify any potential conflicts of interest.
- You must tell your lawyer of all facts relating to your matter, even if they are damaging to your case or unflattering to you.
- Your lawyer should address your questions and concerns promptly. You lawyer should keep you informed of the status of your matter and should send copies of relevant papers.
- Your lawyer should charge a reasonable fee. Your lawyer should explain how the fee will be computed and billed. You may refuse to enter into any fee arrangement. Once you have agreed to a fee arrangement, you should honor it.
- You should maintain contact with your lawyer, and notify the lawyer of any change in telephone number or address. You should respond promptly to your lawyer’s requests for information. You should appear on time for all legal proceedings.
- Your lawyer should tell you about the potential consequences if your case is lost, including whether you may be responsible for your opponent’s attorney’s fees and litigation costs
- You lawyer should not reveal your secrets and confidences.
- A lawyer is not obligated to accept, or continue to represent a client if the lawyer determines that the client’s cause is without merit, that a conflict of interest would exist, or that a suitable working relationship with the client is not likely.
- Your lawyer should represent you without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability.
For a free consultation with an attorney at Will Ferguson & Associates, call 1-800-251-5566 or contact us online. We do NOT require a retainer to handle your personal injury claim. Evening and weekend appointments are available.