Grants, NM – Two Trucks Collide on I-40 near State Rd 124
Grants, NM (December 27, 2022) – The New Mexico State Police responded to the scene of a major motor vehicle accident that took place on Saturday afternoon that resulted in injuries. At around 12 p.m., on December 24, police were notified that a crash took place on Interstate 40.
Preliminary investigations provided by the state police show that two semi-trucks collided on Interstate 40 in the area just east of grants.
The police responded to the scene of the accident and closed off all lanes in both directions in the area near State Road 124. Police redirected the traffic onto the roadway as they worked to clear the scene.
Paramedics responded to the site of the crash to provide care to injured victims. An unknown number of people were transported to local hospitals following the accident.
At this time, the incident remains under investigation.
We hope the victims hurt as a result of this crash recover quickly.
Truck Accidents in New Mexico
Each year, more than 43,000 motor vehicle crashes take place in the state of New Mexico. Approximately three percent of these accidents involve semi-trucks. There are many factors that can contribute to a truck accident in New Mexico. Some of the leading causes of these accidents include:
- Driver Fatigue: Driver fatigue is a major problem for truckers who are often on the road for long periods of time. This can lead to them making mistakes or even falling asleep at the wheel.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is another leading cause of truck accidents in New Mexico. Truck drivers may be distracted by their cell phones, GPS devices, or even other people in the cab.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Poor weather conditions can make it difficult for truckers to see the road ahead and can also make it more difficult to stop their vehicles if necessary.
- Equipment Failure: Equipment failure is another leading cause of truck accidents in New Mexico. This can include problems with the brakes, tires, or even the engine itself.
- Road Rage: Road rage is a serious problem on America’s highways and is often the cause of serious accidents involving trucks. Truck drivers may become enraged if they feel that another driver has cut them off or passed them too closely.
If you were hurt as a result of a truck accident, it is crucial that you act quickly to protect your legal rights. A truck accident lawyer in Grants can help you secure compensation for some of the losses and damages that you face.
Any type of traffic collision has the potential to leave you with a lifetime of physical, financial, and emotional pain and suffering. If you have been harmed as a result of an accident in New Mexico, consider contacting Will Ferguson & Associates for help. With decades of experience in providing clients with the justice they deserve, our team will work hard to ensure that all parties are held accountable for their actions and that you receive the compensation that is rightfully yours. Call 505-243-5566 today for a free consultation.
Note: This post was created specifically utilizing secondary sources. It is to be used independently by Will Ferguson & Associates. Our team has not autonomously verified the information used by these news sources and, if any information seems to be inaccurate, please reach out and let us know so we can immediately make corrections as they become necessary.
Disclaimer: At Will Ferguson & Associates, it is our goal to honor the victims of the nightmarish accidents that often take place in New Mexico. We would also like to familiarize the public with ways they can avoid a similar fate and what they can do, should the unthinkable happen. The information contained within this article is not to be viewed as any type of medical or legal advice. The photographs depicted in these posts are not representative of the actual accident scene.