Las Cruces Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
Thousands of individuals across our state rely on nursing home facilities to provide care for themselves or their loved ones. These facilities are available to assist sick and elderly individuals who need medical assistance or help with performing daily tasks. Although there are strict laws and regulations in place to ensure nursing homes function accordingly, there are countless instances where victims are injured due to the negligent acts of others.
When individuals are harmed by their caregivers, it is crucial that they contact a nursing home abuse attorney in Las Cruces as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
Over the years, Las Cruces nursing home abuse attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates have helped thousands of victims get the justice and compensation they deserve for their injuries and other damages. Our attorneys understand how traumatic it can be for someone to suffer abuse at the hands of a negligent or reckless care provider. For this reason, our attorneys work diligently to ensure those harmed are able to collect the maximum amount of compensation available. If you were injured due to the negligent acts of a care provider, contact our nursing home abuse attorneys in Las Cruces as soon as possible to ensure your legal rights are protected.
Common Types of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect in Las Cruces
Although we like to believe nursing home facilities have the health and wellbeing of our loved ones protected, there are countless instances where victims are injured while in the care of others. Sadly, abuse can take many forms and have a devastating impact on the lives of victims subjected to it. Over the years, our Las Cruces nursing home abuse attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates have helped thousands of victims with legal claims surrounding nursing home abuse like:
- Physical Abuse: Physical abuse can take shape in many ways. These actions often include striking, slapping, hitting, or the use of force against patients. This type of abuse can result in extensive injuries that are painful and debilitating.
- Sexual Abuse: Sexual abuse occurs when victims are touched inappropriately by their caregivers. In other cases, victims are subjected to pornographic materials and sexual conversations that have a devastating impact on their mental and physical wellbeing.
- Financial Abuse: Financial abuse occurs when patients have their money, assets, and personal property was taken from them. In some cases, victims are unaware that their care providers are stealing from them until it continues for a while.
- Medical Neglect: Medical neglect occurs when victims are not given their medication or medical treatment they need. When victims do not get adequate medical care, they are unable to heal from their injuries or take care of their conditions. This can result in extensive pain and suffering and further injuries and damages.
- Personal Hygiene Neglect: This type of abuse occurs when caregivers refuse to bathe patients. These individuals may be subjected to filth and forced to sit in feces and urine for hours. This type of abuse can result in serious and life-threatening infections.
- Emotional/Social Neglect: There are countless cases where victims are unable to attend social gatherings at care facilities. This type of emotional abuse can result in isolation and have a devastating impact on the mental and emotional wellbeing of a patient.
- Abandonment: Abandonment occurs when victims are not provided the medical care, physical care, or emotional support they need.
When victims are injured while in the custody of nursing home providers, it is imperative that they contact a nursing home abuse attorney in Las Cruces as soon as possible to protect their legal rights. Those harmed may be able to collect compensation for their pain and suffering and to help alleviate the financial burdens resulting from their injuries and damages.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
When victims are abused while under the care of providers in nursing homes, they often display various symptoms. In some cases, victims can suffer broken bones, bruises, strains, or dislocations that are unexplained. Victims may show scars, scrapes, or have signs of restraints on their ankles in wrists.
Nursing home abuse can have a damaging effect on the lives of those harmed. Sadly, victims often deal with the devastating mental and emotional consequences of their abuse. When individuals suffer at the hands of care providers, it is crucial that they contact a nursing home abuse attorney in Las Cruces as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
Compensation Available for Victims of Nursing Home Abuse
Victims who are abused in nursing homes should contact a nursing home abuse attorney in Las Cruces as soon as possible to file a legal claim against those at fault. These claims can prevent further injuries and stop abuse against victims and others who may be subjected to this type of treatment as well. Furthermore, victims are able to obtain compensation for their injuries and various damages resulting from the abuse. Some of the damages our Las Cruces nursing home abuse attorneys help victims recover includes compensation for:
- Medical treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Any financial losses
- Punitive damages
Victims who are injured in nursing homes and the families who loved them should contact a skilled and knowledgeable nursing home abuse attorney in Las Cruces as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected if they detect abuse of any kind.
A Las Cruces, New Mexico Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Can Help You
When victims are harmed by negligent and reckless care providers, they often deal with overwhelming physical and mental pain and suffering. Unfortunately, these traumatic experiences can have devastating long-term effects on victims. For this reason, it is imperative for those harmed to contact a skilled and knowledgeable nursing home abuse attorney in Las Cruces as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
Over the years, our knowledgeable Las Cruces nursing home abuse attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates have helped countless victims get full and fair compensation for their injuries and damages. Our attorneys will stop at nothing to ensure the rights of those harmed are protected and that they get the justice they deserve. If you suffered at the hands of a negligent or reckless care provider, contact our nursing home abuse attorneys in Las Cruces at (505) 243-5566 to explore legal options available for you.