Las Cruces Slip and Fall Attorneys
Every year, thousands of people suffer devastating falls throughout New Mexico. In many cases, these accidents lead to devastating injuries that require extensive medical treatment. Not only are victims forced to deal with the physical and mental pain and suffering from their accident, but they often deal with thousands of dollars in medical expenses. Sadly, these individuals are forced out of work to tend to their injuries and recovery, which causes further financial devastation.
In many cases, victims are injured in these horrific incidents due to the reckless or negligent acts of others. When these incidents occur, it is crucial for victims to contact a slip and fall attorney in Las Cruces as soon as possible. Victims may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate the financial burdens they face consequent to their accidents.
The Las Cruces slip and fall attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates have extensive experience helping accident victims get the justice they deserve from those who caused them harm. Our attorneys will review your claim, hire expert witnesses, and take various steps toward ensuring you get the maximum amount of compensation for your claim. If you were injured in an accident due to the negligent acts of another person, contact our slip and fall attorneys in Las Cruces to protect your legal rights.
Collecting Evidence of Liability in Las Cruces
When victims are harmed in slip and fall accidents, it is crucial that they have evidence that accurately and thoroughly demonstrates who is at-fault. Our attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates will gather surveillance footage of the incident, speak with witnesses, and consult with expert witnesses who can help provide insight as to what happened. We will thoroughly investigate the property by reviewing maintenance records and determining if there is a history of slip and fall accidents at the property. Furthermore, we will take photographs of dangerous conditions on the property and collect police reports and other incident reports to help provide the defendant liable.
Common Locations of Slip and Fall Accidents in New Mexico
Slip and fall accidents can take place in any location. Unfortunately, a large percentage of these accidents occur due to property owners neglecting to adequately maintain their properties. When victims are harmed in accidents, it is crucial that they contact a slip and fall attorney in Las Cruces to protect their legal rights. Our team at Will Ferguson & Associates have extensive experience helping victims injured in various locations, like:
- Gas Stations
- Department Stores
- Grocery Stores
- Parking Lots
- Sidewalks/Uneven Pavements
If you were injured in an accident, due to the negligence of a property owner, it is imperative that you contact a skilled slip and fall attorney in Las Cruces as soon as possible. You may be able to obtain compensation to cover various costs incurred from your slip and fall accident.
Types of Injuries Most Commonly Suffered in Slip and Fall Accidents
When victims are involved in slip and fall accidents, they often sustain injuries that are devastating. In many cases, victims have to undergo extensive medical treatment for their injuries that is both painful and costly. For this reason, our skilled Las Cruces slip and fall attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates work diligently to ensure accident victims get full and fair compensation for their injuries. Some of the most common injuries victims we represent incur, include:
- Broken Bones
- Sprained Ankles/Wrists
- Knee Injuries
- Shoulder Dislocations/Muscle Strains
- Spine/Nerve Damage
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Cuts and Bruises
When victims are injured in accidents due to the negligent acts of others, it is crucial that they contact a skilled slip and fall attorney in Las Cruces as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
When victims are injured in slip and fall accidents, it is imperative that they take various steps toward ensuring their mental and physical wellbeing, as well as their legal rights, are protected. After an accident, you will need to:
- Get Medical Attention: Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries. Not only is it crucial that you treat your injuries, but it is imperative that you have your injuries documented should you need this information for a legal claim.
- Report the Accident Immediately: Contact the property owner as well as the police immediately. You will want to collect an incident report as well as a police report regarding the incident. Furthermore, it is crucial that you get the insurance company’s name and contact information as well.
- Be Careful What You Say After the Accident: Do not speak to anyone that you do not have to. Do not claim that anything was your fault and do not take the blame for the accident. Doing so can have a negative impact on your ability to protect your legal rights in the future.
- Get Witness Information: If anyone witnessed the accident, gather their names, contact information, and statements about the incident. These will help support your claim.
- Take Photos: Take photos of the scene of the incident. Highlight any ground conditions or signs of neglect at the fall site.
- Call an Attorney: Contact a skilled slip and fall attorney in Las Cruces as soon as possible to get started with your legal claim.
Why Work with Will Ferguson & Associates
Being injured in a slip and fall accident can be devastating. Victims often deal with overwhelming pain and suffering and overwhelming financial burdens. When victims are harmed in accidents as the result of another person’s negligent or reckless acts, it is crucial that they have a team of skilled and knowledgeable slip and fall attorneys in Las Cruces by their side.
With almost 50-years of personal injury experience, accident victims can rest assured knowing their legal rights and best interest are protected while working with Will Ferguson & Associates. Our team is dedicated to helping accident victims get the justice and compensation they deserve so they can move forward from their accidents and focus on recovering. Contact our slip and fall attorneys in Las Cruces at (505) 243-5566 to schedule a free case evaluation to explore legal options available for you.