Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Santa Fe NM
Thousands of elderly and sick individuals across New Mexico live in nursing homes. These facilities provide individuals with the care and attention they need to live a meaningful life. Sadly, many residents inside these facilities have difficulties performing even the simplest daily task. For this reason, family members often opt for care providers to ensure their mental and physical needs are met.
Unfortunately, there are many instances where patients are neglected or abused while under the care of another individual or care facility. Being abused or neglected can result in extensive mental and physical pain and suffering. When victims are harmed inside nursing home facilities, it is crucial that they contact a nursing home abuse attorney in Santa Fe as soon as possible.
For nearly five decades, Will Ferguson & Associates have helped countless victims get the justice and compensation they deserve for their traumatic experiences. Our team of reputable nursing home abuse attorneys in Santa Fe will work diligently to ensure victims get full and fair compensation to cover the pain and suffer they endure as well as the costs for new care providers and services. If you were injured in a nursing home due to the negligent or reckless acts of a caregiver, contact our nursing home abuse attorneys in Santa Fe as soon as possible to ensure your legal rights are protected.
Common Types of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect in Santa Fe NM
Although we like to believe nursing homes are safe places for patients, there are countless instances where individuals suffer at the hands of their caregivers. Abuse is something that can take place in many forms, each having a devastating impact on the lives of victims. Over the years, our Santa Fe nursing home abuse attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates have helped countless victims who suffer abuse like:
- Physical Abuse: Physical abuse can take place in the form of slapping, smacking, or forcibly moving patients. Physical abuse is extremely serious and can result in extensive injuries for victims.
- Sexual Abuse: Sexual abuse occurs when caregivers touch victims inappropriately without consent. These acts often include showing patients sexual images and materials and engaging in conversations about sexual acts without their permission.
- Financial Abuse: Financial abuse occurs when caregivers take financial resources, assets, and money from patients against their will and knowledge. In many cases, caregivers will take checkbooks, bank cards, and cash from victims.
- Medical Neglect: Medical neglect occurs when victims are deprived of medication and medical treatment they need to recover. In many cases, these victims are left to deal with pain and suffering for extended periods.
- Personal Hygiene Neglect: This type of abuse occurs when victims are not adequately bathed. These victims are often left in soiled pants and underwear. In many cases, victims who suffer this type of abuse develop serious and life-threatening infections.
- Emotional/Social Neglect: Psychological abuse can take place in many forms. More commonly, victims are degraded and isolated away from others. These victims are not brought to social activities and gatherings and often forced to spend extended periods in their rooms alone.
- Abandonment: Abandonment occurs when patients are completely neglected by their care providers. Victims can suffer mentally, physically, medically, and emotionally due to the negligent acts of their care providers.
When victims are harmed in nursing homes, it is crucial that they contact a nursing home abuse attorney in Santa Fe as soon as possible. Victims may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate the pain and suffering as well as financial burdens resulting from their injuries and damages.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
Individuals who are abused in nursing homes often show various signs and symptoms. In some cases, victims will have broken bones, strains, or dislocations that are unexplained. Some victims have bruising, cuts, scrapes, and scars. There are also countless instances where victims have bruises and welts on their wrists and ankles from restraints.
Nursing home abuse can have a demoralizing impact on the lives of those harmed. In many cases, victims suffer from crushing physical and emotional consequences. When victims are harmed by care providers in nursing homes, it is imperative that they contact a nursing home abuse attorney in Santa Fe as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
Compensation Available for Victims of Nursing Home Abuse in New Mexico
When victims are forced to endure nursing home abuse, they should contact a nursing home abuse attorney in Santa Fe as soon as possible. Filing a legal claim can put an end to the treatment and help others who may be suffering as well. Additionally, those harmed may be able to collect compensation for various damages resulting from their injuries. Some of the damages our Santa Fe nursing home abuse attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates help victims obtain include compensation for:
- Medical treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Any financial losses
- Punitive damages
If you were injured in a nursing home, contact our nursing home abuse attorneys in Santa Fe as soon as possible to explore legal options available for you.
A Santa Fe, New Mexico Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Can Help You
When individuals are harmed in nursing homes, they often endure overwhelming mental and physical pain and suffering. Sadly, those harmed often deal with long-term struggles and devastation as a result of their traumatic experiences. When victims are harmed due to caregiver negligence or abuse, it is crucial that they contact a nursing home abuse attorney in Santa Fe as soon as possible to protect their legal rights.
For nearly five decades, Will Ferguson & Associates have helped countless victims get the justice and compensation they deserve for their traumatic experiences. Our attorneys work diligently on behalf of victims to ensure they are able to hold those at-fault accountable and get the maximum amount of compensation available for their legal claims. If you were injured while in a nursing home, it is crucial that you contact our law firm at (505) 243-5566 to schedule a free consultation so we can determine the best legal route available to get you the justice you deserve.