Truck Accident Attorneys Las Cruces NM 18 Wheeler Injury Lawyer
Every year, thousands of individuals are injured in automobile accidents across our state. Approximately 3% of all automobile collisions throughout our state involve semi-trucks. When accidents involve these massive commercial vehicles, victims often sustain far more serious injuries than accidents involving other types of vehicles.
When individuals are injured in semi-truck accidents as the result of another person's negligent or reckless acts, it is crucial that they contact a truck accident attorney in Las Cruces as soon as possible to protect their legal rights.
Over the years, Las Cruces truck accident attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates have helped countless victims get the justice and compensation they deserve. Accident victims deserve legal representation that will aggressively fight to ensure their best interest is protected. Our team is dedicated to helping those harmed get the compensation they deserve to cover the medical treatment they need to recover. If you were injured in an accident, by no fault of your own, contact our truck accident attorneys in Las Cruces as soon as possible to see how we can help you.
Why 18 Wheeler Truck Accidents are Complicated in Las Cruces
Individuals who are harmed in accidents due to the negligent acts of others deserve reliable and experienced legal representation that ensures they get the justice they deserve. Without a doubt, collisions involving semi-trucks are more likely to result in serious and catastrophic injuries. The fact that semi-trucks are far heavier and larger than most other vehicles further complicates these claims. It is crucial for accident victims to work with a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident lawyer in Las Cruces.
There are several parties who can be held liable for injuries and damages resulting from truck accidents. There are also numerous laws and regulations surrounding semi-truck accidents. A lot of truck accident lawyers in Las Cruces are unfamiliar with the strict legal requirements these cases adhere to. Victims can rest assured knowing they will obtain the outcome they expect while working with our Las Cruces truck accident attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates. Contact our law firm today to explore legal options available for you.
Common Causes of 18 Wheeler Truck Accidents
Semi-truck accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately, thousands of individuals are injured in accidents as the result of another driver’s negligent or reckless actions. These accidents are often preventable, yet we continue to see the devastating consequences across New Mexico. Our Las Cruces truck accident lawyers at Will Ferguson & Associates have extensive experience helping accident victims get the justice and compensation they deserve for their accidents. Over the years, we have helped countless victims hold those at-fault accountable for accidents involving:
- Driver Negligence: Negligent drivers continue to be the leading cause of accidents across New Mexico. Sadly, drivers continue to speed and engage in reckless driving behaviors that place the lives of others at risk.
- Speeding: Under normal conditions, it is pretty difficult to stop a semi-truck. Traveling at a high rate of speed increases the difficulty drivers have of being able to stop before rear-ending others on the roadway. The fact that semi-trucks are extremely large makes them more likely to cause devastating accidents while traveling at high rates of speed.
- Distracted Driving: Drivers who are eating, drinking, or using their cell phones while operating their vehicles are likely to cause motor vehicle accidents across New Mexico. Although there are strict laws in place to prevent truck drivers from using cellphones while driving, we continue to see devastating accidents resulting from this activity.
- Drowsy Driving: Drivers who spend too much time on the road are likely to become sleepy while operating their vehicles. These drivers may fall asleep while driving or have an extremely delayed reaction time that increases the likelihood of an accident.
- Driving While Intoxicated: Although strict laws ensure truck drivers are not operating vehicles when their blood alcohol concentration level is above 0.04%, we continue to see countless accidents caused by impaired drivers across New Mexico. When victims are harmed in these accidents, it is crucial that they contact a Las Cruces truck accident lawyer as soon as possible.
- Cargo Spills/Shifts: When truck trailers are not loaded accurately, drivers can experience shifts in loads while turning corners or driving. These shifts can cause cargo spills that can result in devastating injuries to drivers and others sharing the road.
- Vehicle Failure: Acceleration and brake failures make it difficult for drivers to control their vehicles. These defects can cause devastating accidents that have a life-long impact on victims.
- Road Conditions: Driving on broken or uneven surfaces, in inclement weather, and unfamiliar areas can increase the chances of a truck accident occurring. Undesirable road conditions can make it difficult for drivers to control their vehicles and, as a result, collisions are likely to occur.
If you were injured in an accident caused by the negligent or reckless acts of another driver, it is crucial that you contact a Las Cruces truck accident attorney at Will Ferguson & Associates as soon as possible. Our 18 wheeler accident attorneys work diligently to ensure those harmed are able to hold those at-fault accountable and get the justice and compensation they deserve.
18 Wheeler Truck Accident Attorneys in Las Cruces, New Mexico
Every year, thousands of individuals are harmed in semi-truck accidents across New Mexico. These accidents often force victims into area hospitals where they undergo extensive medical treatment and spend weeks or even months in recovery. When victims are harmed due to the negligent or reckless acts of others, it is crucial that they obtain the legal representation they can trust to ensure their best interest is protected.
With over four decades of experience, our Las Cruces truck accident attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates work diligently to ensure accident victims get full and fair compensation for their legal claims. Our skilled and knowledgeable 18 wheeler accident lawyers are dedicated to helping accident victims recover from their accidents in the best way possible. If you were injured in an accident, by no fault of your own, contact our truck accident attorneys in New Mexico at (505) 243-5566 to explore legal options available for you.