18 Wheeler Truck Accident Lawyer Santa Fe NM
Every year, more than 43,000 motor vehicle accidents occur throughout New Mexico. Approximately 3% of these accidents involve semi-trucks. Sadly, accidents involving semi-trucks are up to four times more likely to result in fatal injuries than incidents involving other types of vehicles. When victims are injured in semi-truck accidents, they often require extensive medical treatment. These incidents can result in life-altering injuries that can force victims out of work indefinitely. When victims are harmed in accidents caused by the negligent or reckless acts of others, it is crucial that they contact a truck accident attorney in Santa Fe as soon as possible to protect their legal rights.
Victims injured in accidents as a result of another driver’s negligent or reckless acts deserve reliable representation so they can get the justice and compensation they deserve. For over 40-years, attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates have worked diligently to ensure accident victims are able to recover from their accidents and move forward in the best way possible. If you were injured in a truck accident, by no fault of your own, contact our truck accident attorneys in Santa Fe to see how we can help you.
Why Santa Fe 18 Wheeler Truck Accidents are Complicated
Semi-truck accidents are extremely complicated. The size and weight of these vehicles mean victims are more likely to sustain serious and life-altering injuries that require extensive and expensive medical treatment. The fact that truck drivers are often supported by larger companies means legal claims can hold several parties liable for injuries and damages. Semi-truck accidents are also guided by complex federal and local laws and regulations. It is crucial for victims harmed in semi-truck accidents to work with a skilled and qualified truck accident attorney in Santa Fe to ensure they get the justice they deserve.
Our team at Will Ferguson & Associates has extensive experience helping accident victims with some of the most complex legal claims surrounding semi-truck accidents. Our extensive knowledge of truck accident laws in New Mexico enables our team to help those harmed get the maximum amount of compensation and the justice they deserve for their injuries. Contact our truck accident attorneys in Santa Fe as soon as possible to see how we can help you.
Common Causes of 18 Wheeler Truck Accidents
There are countless reasons why semi-truck accidents occur. In many cases, these accidents are the result of driver negligence or reckless behaviors. Our team at Will Ferguson & Associates has helped countless victims with semi-truck accident claims involving various situations, like:
- Driver Negligence: Drivers who are careless and negligent are one of the leading causes of semi-truck accidents across our state. Drivers who neglect to pay attention to their surroundings and engage in reckless behaviors or those who follow too closely are more likely to cause accidents than drivers who obey traffic laws.
Speeding: Driving at a high rate of speed is extremely dangerous for any vehicle. Semi-trucks, in particular, have a very difficult time stopping once they are traveling fast. Drivers who speed in semi-trucks are likely to have problems stopping in congested areas and may crash into others sharing the road.
- Distracted Driving: Although there are very strict laws and regulations in place to prevent truck drivers from using cell phones while driving, we continue to see accidents across New Mexico at an increased rate due to distracted drivers. Drivers who are using their phones to talk or text, eating, drinking, or changing their radios and navigation systems are likely to be involved in collisions along New Mexico roadways.
- Drowsy Driving: There are strict guidelines in place that state truck drivers must take several hours of downtime between shifts. Unfortunately, demanding companies often have workers on tight schedules. When workers feel like they need to deliver loads quickly, they may drive more hours than they are allowed by law. When drivers engage in this type of behavior, they are more likely to experience drowsiness and tiredness while operating their vehicles. Being in this situation can be extremely dangerous for drivers and others sharing the road.
- Driving While Intoxicated: Although most states provide a legal drinking limit of 0.08 for drivers, semi-truck drivers must have a blood alcohol concentration level of 0.04 or below. This level ensures that they are able to remain in control of their vehicle. When drivers go over this limit, they can cause motor vehicle accidents that are devastating.
- Cargo Spills/Shifts: It is crucial that semi-trucks are loaded accurately every time. When loading companies place unbalanced loads on trailers, they may shift and cause tip-overs. Tip overs are likely to result in serious injuries or death for vehicles struck by fallen loads and trailers.
- Vehicle Failure: Brake malfunctions and other defects can be devastating. When truck drivers are unable to control their vehicles due to mechanical failures, they are likely to be involved in devastating collisions. The chances are greatly increased when vehicles are traveling at high rates of speed along the roadway.
- Road Conditions: Unfamiliar roads, inclement weather, and other road conditions can greatly impact a driver’s ability to maintain control over their vehicle. When truck drivers are unable to stay in control, they are likely to collide with others sharing the road.
When victims are harmed in accidents, due to the negligent or reckless acts of others, it is imperative that they contact a truck accident attorney in Santa Fe as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
18 Wheeler Truck Accident Attorneys in Santa Fe, New Mexico
Individuals who are injured in truck accidents need to have adequate legal representation to ensure they get the justice and compensation they deserve. Santa Fe truck accident attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates work diligently to ensure those harmed are able to move forward from their accidents in the best way possible. Our team is dedicated to helping victims recover compensation to help alleviate medical costs, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and various other damages incurred from their accidents. Contact our truck accident attorneys in Santa Fe at (505) 243-5566 to see how we can help you.