Types of Dangerous Albuquerque Collisions
Understanding the Risks of Specific Kinds of Accidents
Most people hold the belief that high-speed crashes or 18-wheeler collisions are the main reasons people are seriously injured in traffic accidents. However, any type of car crash, even at low speeds, can result in severe injuries. The circumstances of the crash matter, such as the angle, force, and what takes place following the impact. The health and condition of the occupants is also an important factor. It is crucial to know what types of car crashes result in specific injuries and their respective dangers in order to protect yourself, and your legal rights to compensation.
The Kinds of Crashes & Their Risks
There are several kinds of car crashes, and the causes and results of each can vary tremendously. The most common kinds of traffic accidents and their resulting injuries include:
- Head-on crashes: This is likely the most lethal type of crash, with two opposing forces colliding directly in front of the driver. The force of the crash can be catastrophic, even when traveling at low speeds, potentially causing serious internal injuries like traumatic brain injuries.
- Rear-end accidents: This is the most common type of collision. This happens when one car collides with another from behind. The occupants may sustain serious injuries such as whiplash due to being thrust back in forth rapidly.
- T-bone crashes: These take place when a vehicle impacts the side of another car. This kind of crash is often deadly because the impact is centered on either the side of the driver or passenger. There is little to protect the driver or passenger, making fatal injuries common.
- Rollover collisions: These occur when a car rolls over onto either its side or roof. These accidents are extremely dangerous because certain cars offer little protection from rollovers. Occupants are often crushed or ejected from the vehicle in the process.
- Sideswipes: These kinds of accidents take place when a car strikes the side of another vehicle at an angle that results in the at-fault driver being deflected after the impact. This type of accident can be very severe, as they often involve a car rocking violently, potentially causing serious neck or back injuries.
Reckless Driving Crashes in Albuquerque
In most cases, car crashes are preventable if drivers follow the rules of the road. Many drivers choose to behave recklessly behind the wheel. Their negligence results in serious car accidents and even more severe injuries.
Nearly 33% of all severe collisions involve a reckless driver. Motorists behaving erratically, texting and driving, or driving under the influence are all examples of reckless driving behaviors. Victims should always protect their legal rights by contacting an experienced New Mexico auto accident attorney.
Will Ferguson & Associates fight diligently to protect the rights of each and every one of our clients, no matter the size of their case. We can help get you back on your feet after being injured in a sudden car accident. Call our law offices today at (505) 243-5566 if you or a loved one has been injured by another driver.