Albuquerque Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents are all too common. When you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident in Albuquerque, you have options for obtaining justice and compensation for what’s happened to you. Call an ABQ crosswalk injury lawyer to get started on a claim.
Walking is usually considered a safe activity to engage in; however, in some cases, your life can be put at risk simply by walking down the street. Dangerous drivers are out there, and if you’ve been hurt by one, there are some options available to you for recovering the losses you’ve suffered. Serious injuries will likely follow a pedestrian-involved accident, and you could be dealing with pain and suffering, mobility issues, scarring, and emotional trauma, among other issues. You deserve to be compensated when a dangerous driver has put you through such a life-altering experience. Filing a personal injury claim is the best way to obtain the justice and monetary compensation you require following a crosswalk incident. Reach out to an Albuquerque pedestrian accident lawyer at Will Ferguson & Associates to get started on your claim right away.
What Could Have Caused Your Albuquerque Pedestrian Accident?
A pedestrian accident happens when a moving vehicle, such as a car, motorcycle, scooter, or truck, strikes a person who is walking or standing. There are many things that could cause a pedestrian accident. A few of the most common reasons have been listed below so that you can understand what could have caused your accident and who might be liable.
- A pedestrian is not in a crosswalk and a vehicle strikes the person.
- A pedestrian is distracted.
- Drivers are distracted.
- The sidewalks, crosswalks, and streets are poorly maintained or have poor visibility.
- A two-vehicle collision strikes a pedestrian bystander.
- Pedestrians or drivers make poor safety decisions when stuck in traffic.
- Red-light runners strike pedestrians beginning to cross the street.
- A pedestrian is intoxicated.
- Someone is speeding/driving recklessly.
Types of Serious Injuries That Could Follow an ABQ Pedestrian Incident
It’s not surprising to most of us that a pedestrian incident will often result in severe injuries and even death for the pedestrian. Being hit by a car is no small thing, and you will likely be recovering from your injuries for some time. The injuries you sustained in your accident will affect your compensation. The more serious your injuries, the greater your claim’s value. You’ll need the compensation from winning a claim so that you can afford all the medical treatment you’ve been forced to pay, and you may need money to provide for your future as well. Some pedestrian accident injuries are so serious that you might not be able to work ever again. Rest assured that your Albuquerque crosswalk collision lawyer will do everything possible to see that you’re compensated for your serious injuries. Below, these are some of the most common injuries sustained in sidewalk accidents and other pedestrian accidents.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) – Head injuries are among the most serious injuries a person can sustain, often resulting in brain damage.
- Spinal Cord Damage – A serious spinal injury can mean loss of mobility for accident victims.
- Organ Damage and Internal Injuries – Internal injuries can affect your health for life.
- Broken Bones – Bone fractures are painful and can take a long time to heal.
- Severe Burns – Burn injuries can result in permanent scarring and can negatively impact your nerves, muscles, mobility, and more.
- Loss of Limb – Amputations or the traumatic loss of a limb can occur in a pedestrian accident.
Seeking Damages for an ABQ Pedestrian Injury Accident
When you’ve been seriously hurt in a crosswalk accident or other pedestrian accident, you can file an injury claim to recover your losses. The person responsible for hurting you should pay for all the financial and nonfinancial damages you’ve experienced. Your ABQ pedestrian collision lawyer will work to secure the following damages for you as they apply to your situation:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Lost work wages
- Permanent injury
- Mental suffering and mental health treatment costs
- Physical rehabilitation costs
- Loss of life enjoyment
Get in Touch with an ABQ Crosswalk Injury Attorney
Pedestrian accidents are usually very serious, and your injuries could have you out of commission for a long time. When your accident was caused by a reckless or negligent driver, you can sue them for damages. You will need a settlement to pay for your losses, which could include medical costs, missed wages, physical therapy, and much more. Your accident has probably changed your life, and you deserve justice for that; work with an Albuquerque pedestrian accident lawyer to see that you get it. To receive a free case evaluation, call Will Ferguson & Associates at 505-633-0750. You can also complete the form located at the bottom of this page.