Shiprock, NM - Eddie Gilmore Killed in Motorcycle Crash on US-491

Shiprock, NM (June 1, 2023) - On Monday, May 29, a Crownpoint man was killed in a motorcycle crash outside of Shiprock. 

The deadly accident took place on US-491 near mile marker 95 at around 2:20 p.m. It was reported that 65-year-old Eddie Gilmore of Crownpoint was riding a 2015 Harley Davidson headed southbound on the highway. It was then that he was hit by a 2012 Toyota passenger vehicle driven by a 23-year-old man. 

Gilmore was taken to a local hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. No other injuries were reported in the crash. 

An ongoing investigation into the cause of the accident is in progress. 

We would like to extend our deepest condolences to the family of Eddie Gilmore at this time.

Deadly Motorcycle Accidents in New Mexico

Shiprock, NM - Eddie Gilmore Killed in Motorcycle Crash on US-491The National Center for Statistics and Analysis reports that in 2019, motorcycle accidents claimed the lives of over 5000 riders nationwide. Nearly 94% of these deaths were the operator of the bike, while the remaining 6% were the passengers. There were a total of 42 fatal motorcycle collisions in New Mexico that year. Motorcycle accident victims should speak with a lawyer for compensation as they may sustain life-threatening injuries.

A fatal motorcycle collision will always be devastating, especially when a loved one loses their life as a result of someone else's negligence. After a family member passes away, you might be thinking about how you will meet your family's financial needs going forward. You will likely have to plan a funeral and generally put the pieces of your life back together. We know how difficult this can be, so we give support in the form of legal guidance in an effort to lessen your stress as much as possible.

Receiving compensation for a wrongful death claim could assist you and your family continue living your normal life if a loved one passes away in a motorcycle accident. Funeral and medical costs are just some of the many damages that can be covered. In the event of a fatal auto accident, you can be entitled to financial compensation, and you need a wrongful death attorney on your side from the start if you want to ensure that your rights are upheld and that your case is handled fairly.

You and your family suffer when a loved one is killed unexpectedly in a car accident. The wrongful death attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates are dedicated to helping you deal with your devastating loss while also securing monetary compensation after an untimely death. As you fight for the just compensation that you and your family deserve, our legal team will be by your side every step of the way. Families may not think to file a lawsuit immediately following a deadly crash, but doing so may provide you the best opportunity to obtain justice and financial compensation. Call our offices right away at (505) 243-5566 to set up a consultation with one of our Shiprock wrongful death lawyers.


Note: This post was created specifically utilizing secondary sources. It is to be used independently by Will Ferguson & Associates. Our team has not autonomously verified the information used by these news sources and, if any information seems to be inaccurate, please reach out and let us know so we can immediately make corrections as they become necessary.
Disclaimer: At Will Ferguson & Associates, it is our goal to honor the victims of the nightmarish accidents that often take place in New Mexico. We would also like to familiarize the public with ways they can avoid a similar fate and what they can do, should the unthinkable happen. The information contained within this article is not to be viewed as any type of medical or legal advice. The photographs depicted in these posts are not representative of the actual accident scene.

Why Choose
Will Ferguson & Associates To Fight For You?

No Fees Unless We Win

We Communicate with You Every Step of the Way

Free Consultations

Over 40+ Years
Defending The Injured

Millions Recovered For Our Clients
Contact Us

Request a FREE Case Review.

    Required Fields *

    1720 Louisiana Blvd NE #100 Albuquerque, NM 87110
    Rio Rancho

    333 Rio Rancho Boulevard Northeast Rio Rancho, NM

    1720 Louisiana Blvd NE #100 Albuquerque, NM 87110
    Rio Rancho

    333 Rio Rancho Boulevard Northeast Rio Rancho, NM

    Request a
    FREE Case Review

      Required Fields *